Blogging Award – Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blog Award by WONDERFUL lady that I haven’t actually met before except through Skype. You can find her HERE
The Rules of the blog are to share seven things about yourself, link to the blog of the person who nominated you and nominate eight more people for the Inspiring Blogs Awards. I’m getting this from Kelly Anne Liberto, whose link is above. I’ll keep her changed rules from nominating 15 people to eight.
1. I’m a native of Newton, Kansas. It is flatter than a pancake where I come from. My hometown was established by the railroad to be the railhead, but lost that designation to Wichita in 1872 when the ATSF (Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe) railroad moved the railhead from Newton to Wichita. I’ve been transplanted to Amish Country, Lancaster County, PA, since 1982.
2. I’ve done all kinds of jobs in my life except: being a waitress, or any health care type work. Most unusual job I may have had: balloon decorator (for like weddings, parties, etc. not the balloon animals). Most fun job: A toss-up between radio news reporting and being a writer now. If I’d had my druthers, I would have been a Hollywood scriptwriter. God had other plans. I’m still seek Him for clarity in His plans.
3. My hubby and I have been married for 27 years. This photo was taken in Lancaster, PA on our 26th anniversary, a little over a year ago.
4. My favorite season of the year: SPRING! I absolutely love watching nature come to life after being dormant all winter. This is a close up of one of my tulips and my budding Royal Star Magnolia!
5. #1 comfort food is chocolate. But I also love French fries, macaroni and cheese, and hamburgers. My favorite vegetables are peas, green beans, lima beans, and cauliflower. My favorite fruits are bananas, apples, pears, and strawberries.
6. A little known fact about me: I have very flat feet, in fact, when I was born my left foot was severely pronated, the opposite of club foot. When I was a baby, I had to wear a cast for a while to straighten it out. My foot still rolls in a little, but not like it evidently did when I was born. Another little known fact: I’m adopted.
7. I’ve been following Jesus 44 years. This year will be 45. I had an experience with God and He became real. I’ve fictionalized this experience in my novel Meghan’s Choice. I love the prophetic (not Last Days stuff, but giving words of wisdom, knowledge, and encouragement to others.) When people ask me about where I went to college, I say, “Oral Roberts University.” They say: “All four years?” Like – I wouldn’t stay? I loved it there, but I haven’t been back since Homecoming 1978.
My nominees for the Inspiring Blog Award are~ drumroll please…
Justina Luther – clean fiction, welcome to her imagination